วันพุธที่ 8 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2554

E3: Dtoid Discusses: The Sony Press Conference screenshot

Sony's press conference came and went on Monday. We 've had a solid day to digest everything and discuss our reactions to the PS-Vita, 3D-TV packages, and the abundance of other Sony-targeted ads.

Click continue to read what we thought, but more importantly, let us know what You

Bioshock Infinite



Right there with you. I must admit, the games looked good, the price is right, and the Vita is a perfect complement to what provides the 3DS. It 'll be difficult for legitimate reasons not to do as we move closer to find start.

I just hope Sony and all of the third-party developers don't get too caught up on bringing direct PS3 experiences to Vita. Many of us want wacky shit, or even just games that can be realistically played in small chunks of time. Or, you know, new stuff entirely.

Maurice Tan

I 'm not on the market for a handheld. I never play my DS Lite, just play my iPod Touch, to really keep up current affairs, and I don 't enough to need a trip. Having said that, the Vita as a big handheld look at a fantastic price. I have covered almost the hype and bought a 3DS when seemingly everyone I knew was buying one, but with the European prices I 'm glad that I didn' t.

Sony did a good job positioning Vita. It provides exactly the great cross-platform and online features, the people who already want to eat a PSP/PS3 up all the time. People who only have a PS3 more reason to have to buy a vita as 3DS because of all the cross-platform stuff - although they are also mostly the same kind of games. And hand-held fans, who never touch their PS3 have more reason to do so in future. It 's not for me, but I still want one.

Other than Vita, the Move showings were underwhelming but they went through it fast enough to communicate to us: "Yeah we know, this is not for you and you don't really care, let's move on." The 3D was ok, nothing too overblown and they offer a pretty competitively priced PlayStation branded 3DTV with two-player 3D co-op sans split-screen. For those games that support it, at least. As for the games themselves, it was a solid showing with enough exclusives to keep the fanboys happy and an apology for the PSN debacle. Personally, all I want is Uncharted 3 ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD

is the answer to my prayers.

text:

Maurice Tan

Ugh, let's not call it the PSV please. That's also the name of one of Europe's better soccer teams ;(

Geoff Henao

Like Matt, I don 't want to be excited for PS Vita, but it has so much potential. Sony made a big step from video footage of behind the shoulder to show how the game looks on the screen - there was little to no glare, resolution was amazing, and there was no delay. At the same time I wanted it had secured from this angle a little to show live feeds from the full-screen mode. The price range ($ 250 Wi-Fi / $ 300 3G) is more than reasonable. I found it funny that the AT & T exclusivity is to be met with mixed reactions, with an iPhone owner, I can understand the concerns.

Despite how excited I did not for the PS Vita, the PS3 section of the conference bin 't have that \ hoped "WOW" moment I was. Uncharted 3 sees AMAZING But that was expected. I read a comment left as they were surprised, no new IPs were announced, and I must agree. However, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time came from nowhere and it was so stylistic and beautiful. It 's definitely the best cel-shaded game I' have seen to that generation.

Bob Muir

Forget all the glossy, high-definition games, the PS Vita price tag was the real star of this conference. I just wonder why they provide at that price hesitated a few months ago because, as Penny Arcade put it, if I were Sony, I 'd be boring, that $ 249 (or $ 299) prices all in Nintendo' s face. It does not \ added 't hurt that the games actually look worthwhile, in contrast to so much of the PSP' s. And a touch screen on the back - that 's so redundant I can' t help but love it. Here 's hope everything pans out. Well, here 's also hoped that AT & T's announcement was a bad dream.

All the 3D stuff anyway? I don 't know who' s going to actually buy such an expensive set-up. You have to be a hardcore Sony fan to subscribe to the lifestyle they 're selling.

Geoff Henao

I almost forgot: The PS3 exclusive material ( Battlefield 1942 , Bioshock 1 on CD) is amazing. BD-ROM has so much more space, it 's great to see, the developers actually use and do not charge consumers extra for them.

Maurice Tan

You do have to be hardcore for ALL the stuff, but the individual offerings are good enough for consumers, I think. I don't need Vita or 3DTV, but I can probably afford to save for Vita when I was needed at the end of 2011 felt. Moreover, it is getting doesn 'injured in 3D gaming now and then have a large library from the time the general public does 3DTVs t. Whether they will ever again but with this generation of 3D, that is another matter entirely.

But uh, what are we to do with our library UMD?

Maybe Sony will implement a digital download code for the UMD games you bought. You know, like the same process they did with the PSP Go. ;)

I remember Sony hinting turned on in any way to turn your UMDs in digital games for PSP, but they never got around to actually implement, so people who shit out of luck.

Samit Sarkar

Such as Microsoft 's press conference, I think Sony was suffering from a lack of any true "megatons" Announcements. (Perhaps the biggest surprise was a new Sly Cooper Game, and the irrational is on a PS-Vita working title), but as an avowed skeptic NGP / Vita, I must say that I think Sony took it out of the park with the stuff they showed for the new handheld -. especially the price. I didn 't think there was any way that it will sell for less than $ 299, they see burning a clear shot across the bow to the 3DS to the low-end model Vita is spectacular. The interoperability Vita/PS3 looks like the kind of functionality that gamers have dreamed of for years: the moment when the guy paused





Monster Hunter .

Samit Sarkar

like I don 't know, I feel what we had from Sony on the PSN failure as well as we could have hoped. Tretton addressed them in the correct manner, I think: where would like to thank customers for their patience and support, but not dwelling on it. I mean, I don 't think we would get a straight-up "we' re sorry" out of them - the Welcome Back Program is basically their mea culpaAmazon.de. Of course, nobody is thrilled that this has happened in the first place, but at this point, "t think Sony would 'I don've won someone over (or back lost customers) with a thriving and on their knees begging-for- forgiveness apology on stage.

text:

I was rooting for an embarrassing, one-hour Japanese bow.

Niero

Why shouldn 't we expected a straight-up answer? It's just everything, is not it?

Forget it, know it was only a pre-answer, and everyone. Full transparency and openness is what to do responsible companies and people. If you ever accidentally poison and kill your girlfriend 's poodle don' t say they were humiliated by him. The difference is the line between good and great. I expect Sony's great. It was not 't.
The welcome back program? Good enough, too. What should they do given people store credit, not a canned set of games they already have.

Two missed opportunities to undo damage to reputation wasted. No one went above and beyond here, and that makes it forgettable. It could have been a golden moment.

Max Scoville

Have to play the Vita. Pretty sure I 'm gonna buy one, and the' s saying something because I'm a broke motherfucker. Didn 't think the games they showed off were incredible, but the prices quite reasonable for what it is. I think the double-sided touch-pad opens new doors for more gaming fun than anything I ''ve seen in a while. It 's innovative than 3D, and much less than spurious motion controls.

Also, I think I 'll save the fifty dollars and give the AT & T 3G version. Seriously. Sony have their fingers in their ears and their heads, their asses, go to this.

As with Sony 's real press conference, I face-palmed less than a minute on Sony actually manages me less excited about their products, as they present with them. The press could 've easily the same amount of information conveyed in half an hour less. Even Jack Tretton looks confused Jack Nicholson with seafood allergies.

Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

Blog Archive